Walk Through Our Admissions Process
You’ve done the research, considered your options, and decided you’re ready to start your new life as a truck driver. Congratulations! Now it’s time get the ball rolling. It all starts by applying to America Truck Driving School. Here’s everything you need to know about our admissions process.
Requirements Prior to Applying
Before submitting your application, make sure that you meet each of the following prerequisites:
- At least 18 years of age; must be 21 for interstate driving
- Possess a valid U.S. driver’s license and an acceptable driving record
- Meet specific driver qualifications established by the office of motor carrier safety, which includes a physical examination and drug test
- Possess a valid social security card
- Have a high school, GED, or ATB English proficiency level
The school director reserves the right to accept or reject applicants based upon the above requirements. Applicants will be disqualified from taking the course if any of the following circumstances are present:
- DWI, DUI, OMVI or similar conviction in the last three years
- Three or more moving violations in the last two years
- Certain felony convictions (to be reviewed with the school director on a case by case basis)
Application & Admissions Procedures
If you believe you meet the prerequisites listed and would like to apply to America Truck Driving School, your next step is to contact our school or one of our representatives. During that phone call, we will set up your initial interview, after which you will be able to complete an enrollment agreement and submit other information required to determine your qualifications. All prospective applicants are encouraged to visit the school for a personal tour of the facility.
Before applying, please note that all America Truck Driving School training programs are
taught in English only through Federal testing guidelines. Because of these guidelines, we are also unable to accept students from outside the United States.
To graduate, candidates for the driving certificate must:
- Successfully complete all specified requirements for the certificate
- Earn a cumulative grade average of at least 70% in each area of training
- Be free from all indebtedness to the school or have made satisfactory arrangements for the payment of tuition and fees
You’ve investigated your options. You made the choice for a new career in truck driving. We’re ready to help you get started. Contact America Truck Driving School today to enroll in one of our programs!